[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW51

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Dec 18 16:16:42 UTC 2015

Current Dev Position: YP 2.1 M2
Next Deadline: YP 2.1 M2 Cutoff (Feature Freeze) date is January 25, 2016 noon GMT

SWAT team rotation: Saul -> Paul
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Due to the Holidays, the next weekly status report will be sent out Jan. 8th, 2016.  Have happy holidays!

Key Status/Updates:

  *   M1 QA report is out. There are several comparatively major issues, e.g. busybox utilities in the SDK images instead of coreutils ones however we have either fixes in master or mitigation factors and current feeling is we'll release the rc1 and move on to concentrating on M2.
  *   The number of 'random' failures on the autobuilder continues to be a serious concern/risk.
  *   We automated -dbg FILES generation from the metadata, FILES_${PN}-dbg is no longer needed.
  *   Bitbake trackback handling has been significantly improved (better filenames/line numbers)
  *   New "bitbake X -c task-" syntax where it will build up to but not including task.
  *   toaster moved forward significantly with various key changes such as the Django 1.8 upgrade.
  *   musl integration patches landed
  *   Improvements to build statistics (buildstats) were made based on real world performance debugging experiences.
  *   Worrying number of M1 bugs were not completed[1] and will presumably move to M2. WDD and bug trend continue to rise.

[1] See https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Bug_Triage#Old_Milestone   If you have any on this list please move them to M2 or beyond.

Key YP 2.1 Dates:
YP 2.1 M1 Target release date is December 24, 2015
YP 2.1 M2 Cutoff (Feature Freeze) date is January 25, 2016 noon GMT
YP 2.1 M2 Target release date is February 12, 2016
YP 2.1 M3 Cutoff (Feature Freeze) date is February 29, 2016 noon GMT
YP 2.1 M3 Target release date is March 18, 2016
YP 2.1 M4 / Final Cutoff: March 28, 2016 noon GMT - Stabilization only milestone.
YP 2.1 Final Release Target: April 29, 2016

Key Status Links for YP:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.1_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.1_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.1_Features

Tracking Metrics:
            WDD 2330 (last week 2300)
(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com