[OE-core] [oe-commits] Richard Tollerton : font-util: Fix incorrect PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Richard Tollerton rich.tollerton at ni.com
Tue Feb 3 01:05:34 UTC 2015

Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> writes:

> On Thursday 29 January 2015 03:21:31 Richard Tollerton wrote:
>> Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> writes:

>> > Ping
>>
>> ACK. Sorry, I could've sworn I saw the commit get reverted on
>> master-next, so I figured this was a lower priority than I indicated in
>> my previous reply.
>>
>> This build is broken because my patchset was only partially committed.
>> "font-util: Fix incorrect PKG_CONFIG_PATH" (the patch you reference
>> above) was patch 2/3, but patches 1/3 "font-util: remove MAPFILES_PATH
>> override" and 3/3 "xorg-font-common: fix sysroot injection for encoding
>> maps" appear to have never been committed. See original thread at e.g.
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.openembedded.core/58846.
>>
>> Could you try rebuilding with those other two patches?
>
> If these did indeed get missed, could you please rebase them on top of master
> and resend? Then we can resolve this once and for all.

Done (and sent), and my apologies, because this exercise has made clear
that I was wrong in several of the details here: None of the three
patches were committed; I was confusing one of them with 89a29a3a, which
was from a separate email. The confusion originated in 89a29a3a having
been committed after I had already withdrawn it, which I forgot about
over the holidays.

So, to summarize: I believe that applying all three patches of
"xorg-font: stop trying to use build machine's encoding maps" should fix
the builds, except for the font-util dependency described in that cover
letter, which I will submit patches for in meta-oe.

--
Richard Tollerton <rich.tollerton at ni.com>