[OE-core] post-installation scripts vs. init scripts

Peter Gejgus Peter.Gejgus at kistler.com
Wed Feb 4 07:33:20 UTC 2015

Hello,

I've checked experimentally that post-installation scripts (executed during the first boot) run before init scripts. I've checked it by putting long sleep into the following script and I've also verified timestamps from init script and post-install script in the log:

pkg_postinst_PACKAGENAME()
{
     #!/bin/sh -e
     if [ x"$D" = "x" ]; then
          # Actions to carry out on the device go here
          sleep 300
     else
          exit 1
     fi
 }

Can you confirm that post-install scripts run before init scripts and there is no overlap?

Regards,
Peter