[OE-core] opkg refactoring

Peter Urbanec openembedded-devel at urbanec.net
Sat Feb 7 10:47:32 UTC 2015

On 17/01/15 09:15, Paul Barker wrote:
>      All these changes work locally in qemuarm and the on-target upgrade path is
>      mostly clean. opkg-collateral does get left behind on the target filesystem
>      after an upgrade but it's effectively an empty package. I don't think this
>      poses any problems.
>
> V2 changes:
>    - Add RCONFLICTS and RPROVIDES where RREPLACES is specified
>
>    - opkg-collateral is no longer left behind on the target filesystem after an
>      upgrade.

I'm running into problems on a few thousand deployed systems where opkg upgrades are "stuck".

I see this:

root at beyonwizt4:~# opkg list-upgradable
opkg-collateral - 1.0-r2 - 1:0.2.4-r0

root at beyonwizt4:~# opkg upgrade
Multiple replacers for opkg-config-base, using first one (opkg-arch-config).
Multiple replacers for opkg-config-base, using first one (opkg-arch-config).
Package opkg is already installed on root.

root at beyonwizt4:~# opkg status opkg-config-base

root at beyonwizt4:~# opkg status opkg-arch-config
Package: opkg-arch-config
Version: 1.0-r1
Provides: opkg-config-base
Replaces: opkg-config-base
Conflicts: opkg-config-base
Architecture: beyonwizt4
Conffiles:
 /etc/opkg/arch.conf 913f790674d06e2bd0c2a45971fe7002
Installed-Time: 1423281805

root at beyonwizt4:~# opkg status opkg
Package: opkg
Version: 1:0.2.4-r0
Depends: opkg-config-base, update-alternatives-opkg, libopkg1 (>= 0.2.4), run-postinsts, libc6 (>= 2.20)
Provides: opkg-collateral
Replaces: opkg-nogpg
Conflicts: opkg-collateral
Architecture: mips32el
Installed-Time: 1422327765

Unfortunately the user visible interface to opkg is limited to an option that will run "opkg update ; opkg upgrade".

I know I can clean up manually by running "opkg remove opkg-collateral". Any ideas on how to get this cleaned up automatically?

Thanks,

	Peter