[OE-core] Recipe which builds for ARCH '${TUNE_PKGARCH}' and 'all' fail

Max Krummenacher max.oss.09 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 21:19:42 UTC 2015

Hi

Am Freitag, den 13.02.2015, 14:51 +0000 schrieb Richard Purdie:
> On Fri, 2015-02-13 at 13:44 +0100, Max Krummenacher wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > If a recipe builds a package for the default ARCH (I think this is
> > ${TUNE_PKGARCH}) and one for ARCH 'all' then this fails when building
> > in the same directory a second time for a machine with different
> > ${TUNE_PKGARCH}.
> > Observed with dizzy (armv7at2hf-vfp vs armv7at2hf-vfp-neon) and
> > master (MACHINE=qemux86-64 vs qemuarm)
> >

> > ERROR: The recipe mixed-arch-test is trying to install files into a
> > shared area when those files already exist. Those files and their
> > manifest location are:
> >    /mnt/sdc2/oe-disk/oe-core_master/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/deploy/ipk/all/mixed-arch-test-a_1.0-r0_all.ipk
> >  Matched in manifest-core2-64-mixed-arch-test.package_write_ipk
> >

> > An example in the wild is meta-java/recipes-core/rhino/rhino_1.7r4.bb
> > which builds: rhino_1.7r4-r0_armv7at2hf-vfp.ipk and
> > librhino-java_1.7r4-r0_all.ipk.
> >
> > See below for a simple test recipe which reproduces the error.
> >

> > Is this intended behavior or an issue oe-core?
> >

> > Simple workaround:
> > - don't build machines with different architectures in the same build
> > directory.
> >
> > Workarounds at recipe level:
> > - build all packages for TUNE_PKGARCH, even if the nature of the package
> > would be 'all'.
> > - have two recipes, one providing packages to TUNE_PKGARCH, the other
> > one to 'all'.
>
> The issue is that for true allarch packages you should be able to
> inherit the allarch class. That does some magic which means it shouldn't
> rebuild for each MACHINE.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard

Hi

Thank you Richard. Inheriting allarch indeed makes the error go away.
There is still the less important issue that the package in the earlier
TUNE_PKGARCH feed is deleted while the one in the latest is built.

However your comment also made me realize that at least for the rhino
recipe all packages can be put into the allarch group which makes the
whole a non issue.

Regards Max