[OE-core] Build error on Fedora 21: "Unsupported version of git (2.1.0)"

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Fri Feb 27 17:17:18 UTC 2015

All,

I'm transitioning to a new laptop and I've installed Fedora 21 on the new one.  I'm trying to build for the first time and I'm running into some issues.

I'm still on the dylan branch.  I have an image that is based on core-image-minimal with a few additional packages.  When I attempt to build my image, it fails when attempting to patch the Linux kernel.  The failure message in log.do_patch says:

	Unsupported version of git (2.1.0)
	[ERROR] unable to complete push
	pending patches are:
	Unsupported version of git (2.1.0)
	ERROR. could not update git tree
	ERROR. Could not apply patches for at91sam9x5ek.

So I'm assuming what happened was the build system's version of Git was used for the initial kernel checkout but the host's version of Git is being used in the do_patch step.  However, I haven't a clue what to do about it.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bryan