[OE-core] Dizzy Merging

akuster808 akuster808 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 00:41:01 UTC 2015

On 12/31/2014 02:26 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> Hi Armin,
>
> I've taken a look at the dizzy_1_7_1 branch and have merged a lot of
> things. For bitbake, I took the patches into the 1.24 branch. There was
> a patch missing for the PR server sync changes so I added that too,
> otherwise the others didn't make sense.

ok.
> For the OE-Core patches, the gcc sysroot poison one should not go in.
> I'd also question the udev changes and the gcc shared work changes since
> those were fairly significant changes with a lot more risk.

no worries.

> I've put the things I didn't take into
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=rpurdie/dizzy-next just so we can discuss them. We also need the other changes fror the buildtools change, those should go in together, I believe you already talked with Paul about that. We did manage a fairly green build on the autobuilder recently.

I thought I included one of the two commits in my contrib branch.

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=akuster/dizzy_1_7_1&id=e8a6adf0612fc6d9ca703237a3a5c630177c2f34

Am I pulling over the missing commit or are you going to pull them over
from Paul's request.

"The following changes since commit
1cf1edcd28a002291622d04dd2d0ee2c67e329e4:

   buildtools-tarball: package all of Python (2014-12-11 16:34:01 +0000)

are available in the git repository at:

   git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib
paule/dizzy-git-tools

http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=paule/dizzy-git-tools

Jackie Huang (1):
   packagegroup-self-hosted: add git-perltools

Paul Eggleton (1):
   buildtools-tarball: restore missing git tools
"

> As you mentioned, we do need to sort out which changes make sense for
> linux-yocto, I'm hoping Bruce can help advise on that. We may be cutting
> things tight to have a build this weekend if we don't have those (so QA
> could look at this next week).

K.

Thanks,
Armin