[OE-core] Bug: PR server changes the PKGV variable too

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Sun Jan 4 15:20:58 UTC 2015

On 01/02/2015 10:16 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-01-02 at 09:48 +0100, Mike Looijmans wrote:

>>> It's opkg.
>>>
>>> But on closer inspection I noticed that the "git" version is also
>>> mysteriously reset to 0, so that the package also gets a lower version
>>> number instead of a higher one. Seems to be the PR server borking things
>>> again or so, I'll have to investigate that next year...
>>
>> Weird, something in OE killed "gitpkgv".
>>
>> in the recipe, I have this:
>>
>> inherit gitpkgv
>> PV = "2.0+git${SRCPV}"
>> PKGV = "2.0+git${GITPKGV}"
>>

>> $ bitbake enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobackup -e | grep PKGV
>>
>> delivers correct information:
>>
>> PKGV="2.0+git68+2e7a1db"
>> GITPKGVTAG="0.0-68-g2e7a1db"
>> GITPKGV="68+2e7a1db"
>>

>> But after building and deploying the package, the version number will
>> eventually end up being this one:
>>
>> 2.0+git5+2e7a1db509-r0.2
>>

>> What in OE is replacing a perfectly good PKGV tag with something
>> completely different bearing no relation whatsoever? Even the number of
>> digits in the git tag differs from the one I put in the recipe!
>>
>> Even if I put some random text into PKGV, it gets replaced.
>
> Did something come from sstate?

I got todays master from openembedded-core and meta-openembedded, and
the recipe above (with a fix for the license). I leave everything as the
script "oe-init-build-env" does, I only add meta-openembedded/meta-oe to
the bblayers.conf list to get access to the gitpkgv class.

I named the recipe above "weirdversion.bb", and when I build it "as is",
I get the correct version number "z-pkgv+68+2e7a1db-r0" (with "pkgv" and
"68" in it).

However, when I add the following line to local.conf to activate the
PR-SERVER, things go wrong:

PRSERV_HOST = "localhost:0"

After this change, the package suddenly gets "z-pv+0+2e7a1db509-r0.0" as
version string, so apparently the PR server kills the PKGV variable and
replaces it with something derived from PV alone.

Since this is a completely clean situation with nothing but core code,
it must be a bug in the PR server (it seems to act as PV server instead...).

--
Mike Looijmans