[OE-core] what are all the recipe reserved suffixes?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Jan 12 12:02:33 UTC 2015

Hi Robert,

On Thursday 08 January 2015 05:52:40 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   current YP dev manual advises to not create recipe names with
> reserved suffixes -native, -cross, -initial or -dev.

That's not quite what it says, it says don't use them unless they apply for
the recipe (and that's really only applicable to -native, -cross and -
initial). Strictly speaking I wouldn't really describe these as "reserved"
since that would suggest you could never use them.

> i already know i should add -ptest to that list, what is the full list of
> reserved suffixes so i can make sure the dev manual is accurate? thanks.

I think the answer is probably to think twice before using anything in the
default value of PACKAGES unless it makes sense (i.e. your recipe matches with
the purpose of the naming convention).

Cheers,
Paul

--