[OE-core] [oe-core] SECURITY_CFLAGS & _FORTIFY_SOURCE

Slater, Joseph joe.slater at windriver.com
Thu Jan 29 18:13:52 UTC 2015

-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 is usually set in SECURITY_CFLAGS which will cause lots of warnings, and possibly failures, if DEBUG_BUILD=1.

Since there are already lots of package overrides for SECURITY_CFLAGS, we could just add more for packages that won't build under
these conditions, or

we could not insert -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 if DEBUG_BUILD=1, or

we could not modify TARGET_CFLAGS with any SECURITY_CFLAGS for debug builds.

Before submitting a patch, I'd like to know what people think the general approach (if any) should be in changing security_flags.inc.

Joe