[OE-core] Cherry-pick request: oe-core rev 2471f9b on branch dizzy

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Jul 3 15:25:04 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 01 July 2015 11:37:22 Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 1 July 2015 at 11:09, Kang Kai <Kai.Kang at windriver.com> wrote:
> > Would you like to cherry-pick one commit  2471f9b  which is useful from
> > branch dizzy to master, please?
>
> How did that get into dizzy without going through master... :/

I'd like to state for the record that in the absence of the submitter taking
care of it, the responsibility rests with stable branch maintainers to ensure
that any patch taken into the branch they maintain has been merged into all
newer branches first, unless it isn't applicable to those branches. It's a
pain, but we don't have any automatic mechanism to pick up this situation so
for now we rely on it being done manually.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton