[OE-core] Update rrdtool from 1.4.8 to 1.5.3

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Jul 13 09:07:37 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-07-13 at 09:57 +0200, Jens Rehsack wrote:
> > Am 10.07.2015 um 21:50 schrieb Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com>:
> >

> > On 9 July 2015 at 17:38, Jens Rehsack <rehsack at gmail.com> wrote:
> > here is an update patch for meta-oe/recipes-extended/rrdtool:
> > https://github.com/rehsack/meta-openembedded/commit/6ed5b4489beb1233bd4b3c9f73064e973eeef2ad
> >
> > Please send the actual patch instead of a link to the patch, and meta-oe patches go to openembedded-devel@ not -core at .
>
> I was told by RP that sending patches via GitHub is fine. Unfortunately that's the best I can do.
> When it's clear how to submit patches, I'll go ahead to oe-devel@

Not sure I said github was ok. What I perhaps would have said is that
posting a link to such patches was better than not having anything at
all. There are some good improvements in there for perl and as you know,
our perl skills are a bit lacking :).

Our commit process is patches on the mailing list for review. If you
can't help with that, it means someone else will have to step up and do
that piece. Its then going to come down to how good the patches are as
to whether anyone does.

As I have said, I'd much rather know about them and have the option
rather than not know about them at all though.