[OE-core] dbus-test no longer built for dbus-ptest after last bitbake changes

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Jul 17 12:01:26 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-07-16 at 23:22 +0100, Burton, Ross wrote:

> On 16 July 2015 at 22:29, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
>         ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'gtk+-native' (but
>         virtual:native:/home/jenkins/oe/world/shr-core/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-extended/libwmf/libwmf_0.2.8.4.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it). Close matches:
>
> So libwmf does this:
>
> DEPENDS_virtclass-native = "freetype-native libpng-native jpeg-native"
> DEPENDS = "freetype libpng jpeg expat gtk+"
>
> Interestingly changing this to _class-native fixes the problem.

Strangely, the answer as to what might be wrong occurred to me in the
shower this morning. We should try changing:

native.bbclass:    e.data.setVar("OVERRIDES", e.data.getVar("OVERRIDES", False) + ":virtclass-native")

e.data.setVar("FOO", "virtclass-native")
e.data.setVar("OVERRIDES", e.data.getVar("OVERRIDES", False) + ":${FOO}")

and if that makes things work, its the override caching mechanism that
is bust for direct changes to OVERRIDES which don't use variable
indirection (most do).

If that is the case, a fix shouldn't be hard.