[OE-core] gcc 5.2 failures

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Jul 27 09:30:36 UTC 2015

I've run a gcc 5.2 test build on the autobuilder:

http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Search/?items=10&query=3628c3c06fa4195003ac655bcc791acfac775173&limit=50

41 errors (with a few more pending).

The good news is that if we tweak the security flags, the poky-lsb gcc,
elfutils, coreutils and iptables issues can be removed and I have a
patch for this. This leaves:

3.14 kernel failures for edgerouter, genericx86-64, qemuarm, beaglebone,
mpc8315e-rdb

openssl issue for p1022ds

u-boot on imx28evk, p1022ds, mpc8315e-rdb

xf86-video-imxfb-vivante on imx6qsabresd

linux-imx issue on imx53qsb

Some kind of "random" qemu runtime issue (4 cases).

At this point I think we likely need to enter bugs into the bugzilla for
each of these. If we want to switch 1.9 to use this (which I think is
desirable), we need to get this fixed as a priority.

Bruce: How do you want to handle the 3.14 issues? Switch to 4.1? or fix
3.14?

Otavio: The freescale machines are looking unwell, can you help us make
sure the right people know about this?