[OE-core] RFC: update_data removal

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Jun 5 12:14:32 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-05-27 at 23:43 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> I've been experimenting with this and I do have a branch which basically
> works:
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=rpurdie/noupdatedata5

Testing showed up some issues. I've addressed those and this code is now
as a bitbake branch at:

http://git.openembedded.org/bitbake/log/?h=noupdatedata

This now builds ok on the autobuilder. There is a small issue with
bitbake-selftest, I've a patch pending to address that (its a minor
tweak).

I've also sent a few patches to OE-Core to address issues these changes
showed up which I believe are omissions in the metadata.