[OE-core] [oe] Fwd: open source conference in Honduras needs Yocto Project/Openembedded/OpenHardware speaker

Stephen Arnold stephen.arnold42 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 15:58:28 UTC 2015

Then I assume open source and related examples related to open
hardware?  Most of the "open" hardware I've got is still tied to
vendor blobs/forks; several specific machines have good mainline
kernel/u-boot support (with a few patches) but that's about as far as
things go, although some of the video support is in-work currently
(eg, rpi kms-vc4 kernel/mesa support).

Can you give some examples?  If I can make it, I would probably submit
something on using OpenEmbedded with some of the more "open" machines,
eg, RPi, BeagleBone, iMX/6, etc.  I've pledged on a couple of the
newer devices on kickstarter but I won't actually have any for a while
yet...

Steve