[OE-core] how many ways to delete/de-activate a recipe's task?

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Mar 11 17:22:50 UTC 2015

>   i recall that richard purdie might have explained this once but i
> have no idea where that post is and i need to add something to it,
> anyway ... how many ways are there to "delete" a task from a recipe,
> and what are the differences?
>
>   so far, i've seen:
>
> 1) bitbake supports a "deltask" directive

The task and all it's dependencies go away.  So anything dependent on it and the
things it depends on, are no longer dependent.

> 2) you can use the [noexec] task flag

The task and it's dependencies remain, but nothing is executed.

> 3) i've also seen redefining the task with a no-op ":" command

The task is executed and does nothing.  (I believe this dumps a stamp file and
the noexec does not.. but I may be wrong.)

--Mark