[OE-core] initscripts + fsck.busybox problem

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Mar 25 14:11:32 UTC 2015

On 3/25/15 8:40 AM, Hugo Vasconcelos Saldanha wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Everytime my image boots, the following error message is printed:
>
> fsck (busybox 1.23.1, 2015-03-14 10:13:03 BRT)
>
> Invalid non-numeric argument to -C ("-y")
>
> It seems that checkroot.sh script from initscripts package is
> calling the command "fsck -C -y". checkfs.sh script, apparently not
> installed by default, does the same. The problem is that busybox's fsck
> needs an argument to -C option, which is not needed by util-linux and
> e2fsprogs' versions of the tool.
>
> Possible approaches that I can think of:
>
> 1) Fixing the scripts, maybe removing references to -C option
> altogether.
>
> 2) Placing a RDEPENDS in initscripts' recipe.
>
> What do you think about it?
>

>From the util-linux man page on the -C option:

GUI front-ends may specify  a
              file  descriptor  fd, in which case the progress bar information
              will be sent to that file descriptor.

So the fd option is supposed to be optional.  I'd recommend in this case the bug
is with busybox, and someone submit a patch to make the fd optional in busybox.
 (default going to stdout)

--Mark