[OE-core] Dropping bash and update-alternatives-opkg dependency

João Henrique Ferreira de Freitas joaohf at gmail.com
Fri May 8 04:05:04 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am using meta-erlang (https://github.com/joaohf/meta-erlang) to build
a so called erlang-embedded image. The file
tmp/deploy/images/wandboard-dual/erlang-embedded-image-minimal-wandboard-dual.manifest
tells:

base-files wandboard_dual 3.0.14
bash cortexa9hf-vfp-neon 4.3
erlang cortexa9hf-vfp-neon 17.5
erlang-erts cortexa9hf-vfp-neon 17.5
erlang-kernel cortexa9hf-vfp-neon 17.5
erlang-sasl cortexa9hf-vfp-neon 17.5
erlang-stdlib cortexa9hf-vfp-neon 17.5
erlang-tools cortexa9hf-vfp-neon 17.5
erlinit cortexa9hf-vfp-neon 0.6.0+git0+0a3b5c4c5b
libc6 cortexa9hf-vfp-neon 2.21
libtinfo5 cortexa9hf-vfp-neon 5.9
libz1 cortexa9hf-vfp-neon 1.2.8
ncurses-terminfo-base cortexa9hf-vfp-neon 5.9yy.
packagegroup-erlang-embedded all 1.0
packagegroup-erlang-embedded-erlang all 1.0
packagegroup-erlang-embedded-initscripts all 1.0
update-alternatives-opkg cortexa9hf-vfp-neon 0.1.8+git0+53274f0875

I've tried using poky and poky-tiny but I unable to figure out how to
drop bash and update-alternatives-opkg.

This image provides erlinit that calls erlang VM and this is all that I
need to run my application.

I think that postinstall scripts are responsible by depend of bash
package. But I don't know how to remove this dependency.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.