[OE-core] WARNING: The license listed CLOSED was not in the licenses collected for foo

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon May 11 09:09:47 UTC 2015

Hi Mike,

If you want to do this you need to add a generic license file for the license
in question, which means extending LICENSE_PATH in your custom layer to a
directory containing a file named with the license. (However, for "CLOSED" this
would not be the right course because "CLOSED" doesn't specify one particular
license, hence my comment about this being a bug.)

You're right that the error message isn't as helpful as it could be. We should
fix that as well.

Cheers,
Paul

On Monday 11 May 2015 08:54:25 Mike Looijmans wrote:
> What is one expected to do when one justs wants to add the missing license
> to the "licenses collected for ..."?
>
> I'm a bit spoiled now, most OE messages explain what it expects me to do to
> fix the problem.
>
> M.
>
> On 08-05-15 14:39, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > Hi Steffen,
> >
> > On Friday 08 May 2015 13:07:35 Steffen Sledz wrote:
> >> Since switching from dizzy to fido we've some warnings related to some of
> >> our own closed source packages.
> >>
> >> WARNING: log_check: There is a warn message in the logfile
> >> WARNING: log_check: Matched keyword: [WARNING:]
> >> WARNING: log_check: WARNING: The license listed CLOSED was not in the
> >> licenses collected for foo
> >>
> >> The recipes contain lines like this one:
> >>
> >> LICENSE = "CLOSED"
> >>
> >> How should we fix the recipe to avoid the warning?
> >
> > I think the part of the code that produces this warning probably should be
> > ignoring the CLOSED value. Can I ask you to please file a bug? Feel free
> > to add me on CC.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Paul
>
> Kind regards,