[OE-core] linux-yocto and gcc 5.x

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon May 11 13:20:46 UTC 2015

Hi Bruce,

One of the things we're looking at in 1.9 is gcc 5.x support by default.
One of the areas this has significant impact is on the kernels,
linux-yocto in particular. I'm starting to see a potential problem here
since the kernels don't appear to work well with gcc 5.x:

http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Search/?items=10&query=1426e31f0bcd19f066931d2ecbdec3752b14e88e&limit=150&order_by=RECIPE

(this is a test build I ran just to see how bad things were).

Are we going to be in a position to get 5.x support backported into 3.14
(and maybe 3.10)? Or was we going to have to wait for later versions?