[OE-core] trouble related to oe-core update

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Mon May 18 09:00:02 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 10:01 AM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 09:46:03AM +0200, Andreas Müller wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> Hi,
>
>> have seen that a while ago but had no time to take care.
>>
>> Since oe-core commit
>>
>> commit 3e760031f91fb87c3e2f62b77a117eb41164f259
>> Author: Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com>
>> Date:   Wed Feb 18 15:40:35 2015 +0100
>>
>>     feature-arm-thumb.inc: respect ARM_INSTRUCTION_SET when adding thumb suffix
>>
>> I get
>>
>> ERROR:  OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
>>     Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the
>> checker (see sanity.conf).
>>     Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:
>>
>>     Error, the PACKAGE_ARCHS variable does not contain TUNE_PKGARCH
>> (cortexa9t2hf-vfp-neon).
>>
>> I don't understand this fully but it seems that
>> fsl-dynamic-packagearch.bbclass would add this pkg arch but this never
>> happens because sanity.bbclass is executed first and interrupts
>> parsing. What I don't understand: Am I the only one having this issue
> I'm not using meta-fsl*, butdo you have this patch in your setup?
> http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/90989/
> it was discussed off-list a while ago and this change looks like result
> of that discussion.

Have meta-fsl-arm current master in my layers. This contains a similar patch:

commit bfe01a0ebde407086f4a7710ea165c6beff310d7
Author: Max Krummenacher <max.oss.09 at gmail.com>
Date:   Mon Mar 30 23:49:32 2015 +0200

    fsl-dynamic-packagearch: add all MACHINE_SOCARCH feeds

Have rebased the mentionioned patch -> same result.

My problem seems to be that sanity.bbclass bails out before code in
fsl-dynamic-packagearch.bbclass is executed (and would fix). Playing
around with layer priorities / order of layers nothing changed
situation.

Andreas