[OE-core] trouble related to oe-core update

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Mon May 18 12:43:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 6:00 AM, Andreas Müller
> <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> I'm not using meta-fsl*, butdo you have this patch in your setup?
>>> http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/90989/
>>> it was discussed off-list a while ago and this change looks like result
>>> of that discussion.
>>>
>> Have meta-fsl-arm current master in my layers. This contains a similar patch:
>>
>> commit bfe01a0ebde407086f4a7710ea165c6beff310d7
>> Author: Max Krummenacher <max.oss.09 at gmail.com>
>> Date:   Mon Mar 30 23:49:32 2015 +0200
>>
>>     fsl-dynamic-packagearch: add all MACHINE_SOCARCH feeds
>>
>> Have rebased the mentionioned patch -> same result.
>>
>> My problem seems to be that sanity.bbclass bails out before code in
>> fsl-dynamic-packagearch.bbclass is executed (and would fix). Playing
>> around with layer priorities / order of layers nothing changed
>> situation.
>
> What board are you using?

For this I used imx6qsabresd (want to build for another machine but to
be sure that my layer does not cause trouble I removed it from
bblayers.conf and select imx6qsabresd).

Updates:

1) when replacing DISTRO = "angstrom" by DISTRO = "nodistro" in
local.conf and using imx6qsabresd as machine -> parsing of recipes
starts.
2) selecting custom machine [1] and DISTRO = "nodistro" -> sanity causes break

I get the feeling that there is some kind of race:
check_sanity_eventhandler in sanity.bbclass might get called before
python code in fsl-dynamic-packagearch.bbclass was executed.

[1] https://github.com/schnitzeltony/meta-variscite-community/blob/master/conf/machine/varsomimx6q.conf

Andreas