[OE-core] trouble related to oe-core update

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Tue May 19 08:54:02 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 5:54 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On May 18, 2015, at 6:12 AM, Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 10:08 AM, Andreas Müller
>> <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 2:50 PM, Otavio Salvador
>>> <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>>> overestimate please. Still what about angstrom + imx6qsabresd?
>>
>> No clue. I personally don't use Angstrom and I don't know what the
>> distro does. You can instrument the class code to see if you find
>> something useful and I can assist in how to address the issue. I just
>> don't have enough time to debug this myself.
>
> It has nothing to do with Angstrom, I checked meta-fsl-arm and here it goes
>
> conf/machine/imx6qsabresd.conf
> ….
> SOC_FAMILY = "mx6:mx6q”
>>
> Then
>
> conf/machine/include/imx-base.inc
>
> ….
> # Float-Point setting
> # handled by software
> # DEFAULTTUNE_mx6 ?= "cortexa9-neon"
> # handled by hardware
> DEFAULTTUNE_mx6 ?= "cortexa9hf-neon”
> ….
>
> Here you are saying all mx6 machines which don’t choose their DEFAULTTUNE are not thumb capable
> and hence ‘thumb’ does not get into TUNE_FEATURES
>
> IMO changing defaults for mx6 to use cortexa9t2hf-vfp-neon would be most close to h/w capabilities.
>
> and when we say my default instruction set is thumb then it errors out. Ofcours one could argue
> that message could have been better but atleast it did not do the wrong thing

Hi,

thanks very very much for support.

As you might guess TUNES are still a matter I do not yet understand -
please no comments :).

So to get build working again - also for variscite machine - I
commented out DEFAULTTUNE_mx6 in conf/machine/include/imx-base.inc.

Maybe somebody could jump in to get the combination of meta-fsl-arm /
meta-angstrom working with a proper fix?

Thanks again

Andreas