[OE-core] media player (gtk-play)

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Tue May 19 15:34:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 5:15 PM, Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc.com> wrote:
> Do you know if there is a way to tell gtk-play what gstreamer
> back-end(s) to use?  In particular, for my i.MX6 board, it is
> not choosing the video plugin I think it should and it would be
> nice to test if it does the right thing if the correct plugin
> is used.

by video plugin, you mean the decoder or the video sink?

if it's the sink:

gst-play --videosink <foo> --audiosink <bar>

if it's the decoder, you can't choose on the command line, the
application will just rely on playbin, so you need to configure your
plugins (and their priorities) so that playbin would pick the most
appropriate plugin.

cheers.