[OE-core] busybox: passwd: applet not found

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Wed May 20 11:55:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am a bit confused why busybox passwd does not work with daisy. It
used to work with dylan. When I try to use "busybox passwd", I am
getting the following output:

    passwd: applet not found

Is something wrong with the busybox maintainer script or somewhere
else? For instance, "busybox pwd" can be located as well as some other
applets that I have quickly run.

Apparently, this does not seem to be in the migration guide either, so
I presume that I am doing something wrong, but what exactly?

Fwiw, "busybox passwd" works just fine on my desktop, too, as expected.

As for completeness, "passwd" does work (without the busybox prefix),
but that is not what I am aiming for. I am always trying to be
explicit because I always want to use busybox's applet, no matter
what.

So what can I do to overcome this?

Ys, L.