[OE-core] trouble related to oe-core update

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed May 20 13:58:28 UTC 2015

> On May 20, 2015, at 6:46 AM, Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>
> OE-Core does not seem to enable thumb2 by default so I don't think we
> ought to change the default here. However I do agree in extend the
> comment and provide an example so it is easier for people to do this
> when needed.

No. That setting is effectively telling
this chip does not have thumb capabilities which is wrong for that class of processors, that assumption
is wrong and should be fixed.

even if you have thumb tunes expressed, it won’t change default ISA which is what you are
implying with your first sentence there. Default ISA for a component or globally can be changed
via different knobs and distros can choose that policy.