[OE-core] "packagegroup-core-qt4e" broken?

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Fri May 22 17:07:13 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 01:54:09PM +0100, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Friday 22 May 2015 12:23:18 Mike Looijmans wrote:
> > On 22-05-15 10:38, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> > > Hi Mike,

> > > I've just sent a fix for this, thanks for the report.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Paul
> >
> > Strange thing was, after just manually removing that package line from the
> > packagegroup-core-qt4e recipe, do_rootfs kept failing with a checksum
> > mismatch on that package. I tried cleansstate and manually removing all
> > traces of the recipe, but that didn't help, it would rebuild the ipk and
> > then still fail on the checksum. Only removing 'tmp' finally got rid of
> > this failure.
>
> To be honest I don't understand this issue but it seems to be going wrong for
> some people lately. Paul is this something you know about?

I'm not really sure - I don't think anything has changed on the checksum
verification side on opkg or on the checksum generation side in opkg-utils
recently.

If you run 'bitbake package-index' after observing this error does it resolve
it? If so it would indicate that the 'Packages' file isn't being properly
updated when a new ipk file is created.

Also, I've not been following the discussion very closely lately. Has anyone
manually checked whether the Packages file contains an MD5Sum line for the
package which is causing the problem. If so does it match the actual md5sum of
the corresponding ipk file?

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker