[OE-core] [RFC] Remove vala from oe-core

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Thu Nov 12 11:18:04 UTC 2015

On 11/11/2015 07:17 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:

>> If this class is moved to meta-vala, how do you make packages in oe-core
>> inherit it, or otherwise do what it does?
>
> Much as I dislike this, you could do something like:
>
> inherit ${@base_contains('PACKAGECONFIG', 'vala', 'vala', '')}

Ugh, yes. It's an optional circular dependency and an opaque side effect
rolled in one.

I'd rather go with bbappends in meta-vala (even though having them means
that oe-core has failed to serve the needs of meta-vala users), or just
keep vala in oe-core - it's not big and doesn't have special needs.

Alex