[OE-core] how to use runqemu with multiple tap devices

Aws Ismail aws.ismail at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 16:34:20 UTC 2015

Hi,

I noticed that runqemu starts with one TAP device by default. Inside
the VM this would be eth1 vNIC device. Is it possible to start the VM
with multiple tap devices (i.e. eth1, eth2, eth3, etc.)?

I have tried using the "runqemu-gen-tapdevs" script, which creates
multiple tap devices successfully (on the host), but when I try to add
the new tap devices as part of the qemuparams it fails.

The only way I was able to boot the VM with multiple vNICs was to use
the simple "-net nic ..."  qemuparam option, but then this vNIC won't
be configured and won't have a proper address like what's done to the
default one by runqemu.

Am I missing something, or does this mean that the runqemu-internal
script would need to be modified to support multiple vNICs in the
QEMU_CMD?

Thanks.