[OE-core] what is the value of 'BBPATH ?= ""' in layer.conf?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Nov 22 09:29:23 UTC 2015

On Sun, 22 Nov 2015, Robert Yang wrote:

> On 11/22/2015 05:10 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >
> >    perusing some wind river layers, and in the layer.conf file here:
> >
> > https://github.com/WindRiver-OpenSourceLabs/wr-kernel/blob/LB21_7.0_RCPL0002/conf/layer.conf
> >
> > i see the opening snippet:
> >
> >    BBPATH ?= ""
> >    # We have a conf and classes directory, add to BBPATH
> >    BBPATH := "${LAYERDIR}:${BBPATH}"
> >
> > what is the purpose of that initial assignment
> >
> >    BBPATH ?= ""
>
> There would be a warning when BBPATH is null, but that had been fixed,
> so we don't need it nowadays.
>
> // Robert

  i thought as much, i just wanted to be sure. i am a rabid minimalist
in that, if a line has no value, it should be removed, mostly to avoid
confusing people like me. :-) i noticed at least a couple WR-OSL
layers that had that construct, you can decide if you care enough
about it to clean it up. thanks for the clarifiation.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca