[OE-core] do_rootfs task not executed after modifying externalsrc

Stefan Gangefors stefan.gangefors at axis.com
Wed Nov 25 08:11:17 UTC 2015

Hello.

I'm trying to figure out how I can trigger a rootfs rebuild after modifying source code in a git I'm using as an externalsrc.

I'm using Dizzy with a backport of externalsrc.bbclass from Jethro.
I have no PR service running.

My local.conf has these lines related to using externalsrc:
    INHERIT += "externalsrc "
    EXTERNALSRC_pn-mypackage = "/my-path/my-package"
    EXTERNALSRC_BUILD_pn-mypackage = "/my-path/my-package"

After modifying my code in my externalsrc I want to compile and rebuild the image with the changes included. The first build works as it should since nothing is built before that. But the following bitbake <image> commands will only update my package but it will not be included in the rootfs.

I notice that all tasks for my package up to and including do_package_write_rpm is executed and I see a newly written rpm file for my package, but the do_rootfs task is never triggered.

So I wonder if this is an issue with bitbake or if I have missed something? I would bet on the latter.

Any solutions?

Best regards
/Stefan Gangefors