[OE-core] vmdk images with musl libc

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 22:31:36 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> On 25 November 2015 at 21:40, Andre McCurdy <armccurdy at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So would it be correct to add exactly those lines to the oe-core mtools
>> recipe?
>
> Yes.  Pretty much every dependency on glibc-gconv* should be guarded with a
> libc override of some sort.  There's an open bug to give locale packages
> virtual names so this isn't a problem anymore, I should do something about
> it!

OK, just to be absolutely sure I understand, mtools RDEPENDS is currently:

  RDEPENDS_${PN} = "glibc-gconv-ibm850"

Potential solution 1:

  RDEPENDS_${PN} = "glibc-gconv-ibm850"
  RDEPENDS_${PN}_libc-musl = ""

Potential solution 2:

  RDEPENDS_${PN}_libc-glibc = "glibc-gconv-ibm850"

Which one is correct?

Solution 2 is more invasive, since the _libc-glibc over-ride would
mean RDEPENDS gets ignored completely for mtools-native, right?