[OE-core] Branched for release

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Oct 1 20:25:46 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-10-01 at 10:24 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> > If we want to discuss this all again, so be it, but on the eve of
> > release really isn't the time to start it all again.
>
> so when is the right time ? Do we have long enough pre-notice about
> when we the branching is going to happen?

We release approximately in April and October with a six month cadence.

After the complaints about communication, there have been weekly status
updates and the release dates were also *clearly* shown in there for
when the release was planned. Incidentally, if those aren't useful,
Stephen and I can stop doing them.

Its not unreasonable to assume the branch for release happens sometime
before the first rc build of the release.