[OE-core] issues with gcc 5 + mesa

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Thu Oct 8 16:11:47 UTC 2015

hi,

I am seeing this error on my board when compilng core-image-x11 based image:

root at ifc6410:~# glxgears
Running synchronized to the vertical refresh.  The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
[   50.359341] Alignment trap: not handling instruction f4008a1f at
[<b6cf3f84>]
[   50.364408] Unhandled fault: alignment exception (0x801) at 0x000cd5bc
[   50.371419] pgd = ec024000
[   50.377885] [000cd5bc] *pgd=fb85f835
Bus error

While I initially thought it was something to do with my kernel or
firmware, I just thought about trying a build with GCCVERSION="4.9.3" and
the issue is gone.

I was having this issue as soon as EGL/GLES is being used, and I could get
it with both X11 or Weston/Wayland. This is running on IFC6410 (e.g. an
ARMv7 platform). The same images built for ARMv8 (DragonBoard 410c) work
fine.

I am using Mesa Gallium/freedreno for the GPU. I have tried armv7athf-neon
and armv7at-neon, and both show the same issue.

I would be curious to hear from others using similar platforms , though it
is likely something in mesa/gallium (so possibly in freedreno bits)..
Maybe someone using etnaviv ? Or is anyone building images for qemuarm v7?

cheers
nico