[OE-core] Error due GTK+3 new rdepends on libgl

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at intel.com
Wed Oct 14 07:31:18 UTC 2015

On 14 October 2015 at 00:42, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> On 13 October 2015 at 22:32, Otavio Salvador <
> otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
>
>> This includes a forced rdepends on libgl and I see no reason for this.
>>

> Mainly because gtk3-demo will link to libGL.so on startup.
>
> It would be interesting to see what happens on platforms where libgl.so
> isn't available if you remove the dependency.  If GTK+ handles that
> gracefully then we can make the rdepends conditional on DISTRO_FEATURES.

If dlopening libGL.so.1 fails, gtk3-demo will not run. I'm sure it's
possible to patch it to fail gracefully (after all GL is only needed for
one demo out of many) and I would guess upstream would take that as well,
but for now I just did the minimum required to get the current dependencies
correct in the recipe.

Jussi