[OE-core] Error due GTK+3 new rdepends on libgl

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Wed Oct 14 17:44:34 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Otavio Salvador
<otavio at ossystems.com.br> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 4:31 AM, Jussi Kukkonen
> <jussi.kukkonen at intel.com> wrote:
>> On 14 October 2015 at 00:42, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

>>> Mainly because gtk3-demo will link to libGL.so on startup.
>>>
>>> It would be interesting to see what happens on platforms where libgl.so
>>> isn't available if you remove the dependency.  If GTK+ handles that
>>> gracefully then we can make the rdepends conditional on DISTRO_FEATURES.
>>

>> If dlopening libGL.so.1 fails, gtk3-demo will not run. I'm sure it's
>> possible to patch it to fail gracefully (after all GL is only needed for one
>> demo out of many) and I would guess upstream would take that as well, but
>> for now I just did the minimum required to get the current dependencies
>> correct in the recipe.
>
> In worse case, it would be a RRECOMMENDS. Anyway fixing it seems the
> best way to handle this IMO.

This also breaks the generation of images using Wayland but no X11.
This fails with mesa:

configure:
        prefix:          /usr
        exec_prefix:     /usr
        libdir:          /usr/lib
        includedir:      /usr/include
        OpenGL:          yes (ES1: yes ES2: yes)
        OSMesa:          no
        DRI platform:    drm
        DRI drivers:     swrast
        DRI driver dir:  ${libdir}/dri
        GLX:             no
        EGL:             yes
        EGL platforms:   drm wayland
        EGL drivers:     builtin:egl_dri2
        llvm:            no
        Gallium:         no
        Shared libs:     yes
        Static libs:     no
        Shared-glapi:    yes
        CFLAGS:          -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types
-fno-omit-frame-pointer -Wall -std=c99
-Werror=implicit-function-declaration -Werror=missing-prototypes
-fno-strict-aliasing -fno-builtin-memcmp
        CXXFLAGS:        -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types
-fno-omit-frame-pointer -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wall
-fno-strict-aliasing -fno-builtin-memcmp
        Macros:          -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG -DHAVE_XLOCALE_H
-DHAVE_SYS_SYSCTL_H -DHAVE_STRTOF -DHAVE_DLOPEN -DHAVE_POSIX_MEMALIGN
-DHAVE_LIBDRM -DHAVE_LIBUDEV -DHAVE_ALIAS -DHAVE_MINCORE
-DMESA_EGL_NO_X11_HEADERS
        PYTHON2:         python2
        Run 'make' to build Mesa