[OE-core] syslinux + gcc 5.2 build error

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Thu Oct 15 10:02:36 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-10-14 at 23:37 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> > On Oct 14, 2015, at 2:38 PM, Andre McCurdy <armccurdy at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > I'm seeing what looks like a gcc bug when building syslinux with
> > certain combinations of TUNE_CCARGS. A specific combination which
> > fails is:
> >
> >  TUNE_CCARGS = " -m32 -march=core2 -mtune=core2 -msse3 -mfpmath=sse
> > -fschedule-insns”
>

> and why would you use -fschedule-insns on something like ia32 with so
> few general purpose regs
> at disposal ?

-fschedule-insns is enabled by default at -O2 anyway so I'm slightly
surprised that this is making a difference.  As far as I know it is
entirely reasonable to use that option on x86: there is still scope for
instruction reordering even though the number of GP regs is small.

> applying any insn schedule opts before machine registers are assigned
> may not always work.

I don't really understand this comment.  Are you saying that you think
only -fschedule-insns2 should be used, not -fschedule-insns?

p.