[OE-core] How to handle mesa customization in BSP layers

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Sun Oct 25 12:22:45 UTC 2015

nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org> het volgende geschreven:

> >> The issue is that mesa is arch specific, not machine specific. So if
> >> you start mixing machines from the same arch, we are getting
> >> unexpected/wrong rebuilds.
> > In this specific case I think we should enable freedreno for
armv7/armv8 in OE-core, but the problem remains for other recipes like this.

> Are you suggesting that every armv7 device should have their mesa tuned
> for freedreno and freedreno added to their filesystem? That seems quite
> overly-broad!

No. Only building the driver. It won't be installed unless you add it into
your image.

> On the surface[1] it would seem as though the decisions as to how one
> builds mesa and which graphics solution to install is more similar to
> the decision as to which DEFAULTTUNE to use, rather than which
> architecture is involved?

DEFAULTTUNE is a generic config that impacts all packages. What Koen
proposed is to change mesa to build more drivers by default.