[OE-core] Prelink problems -- need help!

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Mon Oct 26 21:18:19 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-10-26 at 11:55 -0500, Mark Hatle wrote:
> -last- time I got concrete numbers on a complex boot process.  It was on the
> order of 1-5% boot time.. and a fairly large number of pages saved.. (which
> reduced fragmentation as well as saved memory.)

I'm slightly surprised at the 5% figure.  Martin Jansa posted some
statistics in another thread earlier today which showed an improvement
from prelink of just under 0.5% (0.24 seconds saved out of 49.51 seconds
total) and that's more like what I would have expected.  What sort of
binaries were you running on the system you measured?

I also don't entirely understand the fragmentation argument.  We're not
talking about a no-mmu configuration here, are we?

p.