[OE-core] Release status (M3 feature freeze)

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Sep 3 10:52:22 UTC 2015

The end of last week was supposed to be feature freeze. We're still
trying to get through the backlog of patches and we continue to see new
random/weird build failures, particularly in the runtime testing. I do
have a rough idea of the things I'm planning to take at this point, or
at least strongly consider:

* systemd upgrade (assuming tests are fixed)
* extensible SDK patches (pending review)
* devtool changes
* sstate signing
* rpm signing
* kergoth's sanity test for file ownership
* package feed comparison (build-compare)
* persistent /var/log
* consider the gcc 5.2 default change
* pseudo upgrade if we can fix the opkg issues
* midori/ephipany replacement
* initramfs/qemu improvements from Patrick

There are a number of changes in master-next which are looking ready too
(pending the current build results). If there is a feature you want to
see in 2.0 and its not listed above, let me know ASAP.