[OE-core] How to put a correct dependency with regards to gcc?

Reshetova, Elena elena.reshetova at intel.com
Fri Sep 4 17:03:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a simple problem but not able to come with simple and elegant
solution for it, so would be very thankful for the suggestions.

I have a task that is specified to run after do_fetch. The task needs the
source to be *actually* fetched, since it operates on archives. It works
well for everything apart gcc.

For example in fido branch, my task run for libgcc will fail, because
do_fetch task for libgcc actually *does not* not fetch the gcc sources (only
puts a nice lock file in the download folder).

When I noticed this, I tried to put the dependency on gcc-source:do_fetch
for my task (because that actually fetches the gcc sources) and it works in
fido, but in master after changes to gcc nothing provides gcc-source and it
wants to specify the version, which I don't want to do (ideally I don't want
to put any dependencies to gcc, since I don't really depend on it!). In
master a run for libgcc-initial fails for the same reasons: gcc tar ball is
not there.

Is there a way to make it work correctly?

Here is the history of issue we are trying to solve:
https://github.com/01org/meta-security-isafw/issues/1

Best Regards,
Elena.