[OE-core] "sub" machine types?

Steffen Sledz sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Wed Sep 9 13:37:56 UTC 2015

On 07.09.2015 16:24, Lee Nipper wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 7:08 AM, Steffen Sledz <sledz at dresearch-fe.de <mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de>> wrote:
>
>     On 07.09.2015 09:09, Steffen Sledz wrote:
>     > On 05.09.2015 13:29, Mike Looijmans wrote:
>     >> ... and I think the u-boot recipe recently learned to have multiple targets, so you can build multiple bootloaders for a single machine too.
>     >
>     > That sounds great. Can someone give a pointer to some documentation or examples for that?
>
>     Is it correct to just replace the UBOOT_MACHINE item in the machine config with something like this?
>
>     UBOOT_CONFIG ??= "sub1 sub2 sub3"
>     UBOOT_CONFIG[sub1] = "mymachine_sub1_config"
>     UBOOT_CONFIG[sub2] = "mymachine_sub2_config"
>     UBOOT_CONFIG[sub3] = "mymachine_sub3_config"
>

> Looks right.

What about the u-boot-fw-utils? Is the recipe ready for this too?

What about the artefacts? Is there one binary usable for all u-boot images?

--
DResearch Fahrzeugelektronik GmbH
Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 515932-237 mailto:sledz at dresearch-fe.de
Fax: +49 30 515932-299
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Weber, Werner Mögle;
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg; HRB 130120 B;
Ust.-IDNr. DE273952058