[OE-core] How to put a correct dependency with regards to gcc?

Reshetova, Elena elena.reshetova at intel.com
Tue Sep 22 11:03:59 UTC 2015

> The idea is quite simple. Rather than having a copy of the gcc source for
> each recipe variant
> (-cross-initial, -cross, -crosssdk-initial, -crosssdk, -cross-canadian etc.)
> we have a single copy of the source.

>We tried an older shared stamp scheme which was fragile and prone to weird
>failures.  Instead we created the gcc-source recipe which is responsible for
>the fetch/unpack/patch/preconfigure and then each recipe can work off the
>shared source (and has >a dependency on gcc-source).

Thank you Richard for explaining this! It helps greatly!

>For Elena's use case, I therefore think it might be better to analyse the
>shared source once and not in the case of each recipe (e.g. if SRC_URI is
>empty).

I am really not sure how to do it apart from hardcoding a check inside the
class that if the recipe happens to be gcc related, run the analysis only once
for gcc-source and do not run it for other related packages.
My task is currently run for every recipe uniformly and it would be not that
elegant to have this hardcoding part. Is there a better way of handling it?

Best Regards,
Elena.