[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW14

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Fri Apr 1 15:32:04 UTC 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.1 M4 (Stabilization only milestone.)

Next Deadline: YP 2.1 M3 Target release date is March 18, 2016 (Is late, see status)

SWAT team rotation: Beth -> Saul

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

*        YP 2.1 M3.rc2 is still in QA but looking better than rc1.

*        There do appear to be some eclipse plugin issues and we're lacking people with experience of eclipse to help fix them, not sure if we'll have these fixed for the main release.

*        We have been pleased to note a slowdown in bugs entering the bugzilla but we still have a large number of bugs targeted for the release.

*        We hope to make an M4.rc1 build next week and have M3 ready for release.

*        We're pleased to report we have the autobuilder back at full capacity and so far the filesystem issues have not reoccurred now we're using ext4 (thanks Michael!)

*        Richard has sent a note to OE-Core about some buildhistory data we're now gathering automatically. We are however going to need help to interpret that data and improve the tools to better analyze it.

Key YP 2.1 Dates:

YP 2.1 M3 Target release date is March 18, 2016 (Is late, see status)

YP 2.1 M4 / Final Cutoff: March 28, 2016 noon GMT - Stabilization only milestone. (Will be pushed late due to M3, See status)

YP 2.1 Final Release Target: April 29, 2016 (Still on Track)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.1_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.1_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.1_Features

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2748 (last week 2779)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:         (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                              (208) 244-4460
* Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com