[OE-core] [oe][Patch] package.bbclass: fix host contamination warnings for source files

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sun Apr 3 23:00:50 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-04-04 at 00:51 +0200, Max Krummenacher wrote:
> richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org>:
> > On Sun, 2016-04-03 at 22:57 +0200, Max Krummenacher wrote:
> > How about passing --owner=0:0 to cpio?
>
> That was my first try, it didn't help.
> I'm also not sure if do_package() is executed under pseudo by
> default.

do_package is definitely run under pseudo.

> Also since the command is a pipeline, I don't know if pseudo is
> propagated from one command to the next.

It almost certainly does stay around. Its one of the reasons I found
the fakeroot changes in your patch odd.

> Actually I feel a bit as a sorcerer apprentice when it comes to
> python/pseudo/packaging.
>

> > I'm a little worried about why I don't see this failure on my own
> > local
> > builds.
> I added some text to bugzilla. The gist is: In poky the sources are
> not deployed.

I don't understand that. If you mean playing sources in the -dbg
packages, poky does that too. Is there some specific configuration
Angstrom makes which triggers this?

There was a bug in master recently which broke source file deployment
into -dbg packages but that was a bug everywhere which was then fixed
when we realised.