[OE-core] Problem in Third party Software (Navit) integration

winiston at futuraautomation.com winiston at futuraautomation.com
Thu Apr 7 09:57:04 UTC 2016

Dear Ross,

Your question: You're not really giving much away by just saying "not running",
Answer : kernel is generated using “bitbake core-image-base” command.  I extracted my kernel image to SD card and used it in my am437x-eVm board, It boots and end up with command prompt. But No GUI related to “Navit” . I wanted to get the “Navit” GUI. So I assume that it is not running.

Your question:  you may need to install more than just the navit package.
Answer : I don’t have idea, what are the package I need to install and how to install? I have added  IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " navit"  in /build/conf/local.conf  .... Do you have any procedure to install additional packages?

Your question:    Have a look at the recipe and you'll see that it generates lots of packages,
Answer :  when I run “bitbake core-image-base” , No packages are generated it seems. But when I run “bitbake  qt4e-demo-image” , Lot of packages are generated related to “navit” in  /home/winiston/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/am437x-evm/pkgdata/runtime.
What are the packages I need to add ? How do I add those packages in the image?

Thanks in advance...

Regards,
Winiston.P
Futura Automation Pvt Ltd.