[OE-core] Package management DB in old-style SDK

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Mon Apr 18 22:14:55 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm still using the old-style SDK (meta-toolchain) for our products due to
some code customizations in it and some of our use cases rely on the opkg
package management database being present in sysroots, so packages can be
manipulated in SDK with opkg command. It appears that /var/lib/opkg is now
empty and the package database is no longer supplied with the SDK.

I know about the new-style populate_sdk and the even newer Extensible SDK, but
not yet ready to convert our old use cases to that. Since there were lots of
changes around the way SDKs work in OE-Core in the past couple releases, I'm
failing to find the change that causes opkg DB to be missing from the old
style SDK. I'll appreciate any pointers in helping me debug and/or fix this
issue with my SDKs. Thanks.

--
Denys