[OE-core] bugzilla.yoctoproject.org policy for bugs against multiple releases

Christopher Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Tue Apr 19 02:17:30 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 5:50 PM Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2016 3:51 PM, "Richard Purdie" <
> richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 2016-04-18 at 10:35 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> > > Can we have a possibility to select  field like "affected version"
> > > and have it such that multiple versions can be specified
> >
> > That doesn't really allow us to mark version X as merged and version Y
> > as pending review though and as I understand it, that is the real issue
> > atm :/.
>
> May be bugzilla can be programmed to have such triggers. Having separate
> bug is not a good looking solution

I'd agree that it's not ideal, but it's definitely a *common* solution in
many bug tracking systems, since it's usually the only way to maintain
separate states for each version. I know I've seen it done that way in
bugzilla, jira, and others over the years.

There may be something better out there, and if we can find it, great, but
I think separate issues is better than not addressing the issue at all, but
only if the tooling is good enough to help reduce overhead on the part of
the devs dealing with it. Issue tracker overhead gets pretty frustrating at
times.