[OE-core] xinput-calibrator startup question

Max Krummenacher max.oss.09 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 21:55:36 UTC 2016

Hi Stefan

Am Donnerstag, den 21.04.2016, 13:11 -0700 schrieb Stefan Agner:
> On 2016-04-19 14:01, Jussi Kukkonen wrote:

> It does not run twice in our case (LXDE). Can you point to the
> XSession
> script you are referring to?

This is not entirely true.

For the Colibri iMX.7 xinput-calibrator was launched twice initially.
Once by the XDG launch and once by the XSession script
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/30xinput_calibrate.sh.

The formfactor file https://github.com/Freescale/meta-fsl-arm/blob/mast
er/recipes-bsp/formfactor/formfactor/mx7/machconfig sets
HAVE_TOUCHSCREEN=1.
As a workaround we now override machconfig for our machine.

So for me the question remains if installing xinput-calibrator by
itself should launch the calibrator or if this should be conditional on
a config provided by the formfactor package.

Max